Social Work from San José State University curriculum prepares students for professional practice, and enables them to work competently with Latinos, other minority groups, and those communities, groups, families, and individuals who are disenfranchised, oppressed, and/or marginalized.
The program uses a cohort-based enrollment and learning strategy, in which students progress take foundation year classes with the same group of students.
Graduates with Social Work from San José State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate Ethical and Professional Behavior.
- Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice.
- Advance Human Rights and Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice.
- Engage In Practice-informed Research and Research-informed Practice.
- Engage in Policy Practice.
- Engage with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities.
- Assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities.
- Evaluate Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Graduate Writing Course
- Social Policy and Services: History and Values
- Social Policy Analysis
- Human Behavior in Social Environment
- Transcultural Generalist Practice
- Social Work Practicum
- Research Methods and Design
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 338 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s interest in the field and professional goals.
- Three recommendations from professionals in the field or former professors
- A description of all social work-related experience
- A sample of the applicant’s best writing, i.e., a paper written for an upper-division or graduate-level class, technical report, or other example of academic or professional written work.
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.