It is also designed to prepare students for community college teaching or entry into a Ph.D. in Statistics degree program. The degree offered by Portland State University may be valuable also for people working in other fields who need mastery of a broad range of statistical methods.
Planning an MS Degree Program:
The department projects its future 600-level offerings. These projections enable students to plan programs that include any necessary 500-level prerequisites. Students also need to plan a program that will prepare them to pass the two MS examinations.
Students entering the program with core courses STAT 561, 562, 563 and STAT 564, 565, 566 successfully completed and considering future pursuit of the Ph.D. are encouraged to take MTH 511, 512 and in addition to the required 600 level sequence, at least one additional sequence from among STAT 661, 662, 663, Stat 664, 665, 666, and MTH 667, 668, 669. All students are urged to meet with the graduate program advisor regarding degree requirements and for help with program planning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Bayesian Statistics
- Computer Intensive Methods in Statistics
- Sampling Theory and Methods
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Survival Analysis
- Nonparametric Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 364 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Submit your application and $50 USD application fee online.
- Submit all high school transcripts/grades/records along with your graduation certificate/diploma/exam results or certificate(s).
- Submit evidence of English language proficiency that meets the university’s minimum requirements if you wish to enter university level coursework upon admission.
- Fill out the Financial Certification and Immigration Information Form and mail or submit it online to PSU.
- Submit Financial Documentation for I-20
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15097 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15097 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 444 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.