The master's degree in special education may be completed in conjunction with a teacher licensure program or independently.Master's core courses:
- Research in Special Education
- Issues and Practices in Special Education
- Special Project (a faculty – mentored applied research project)
Note for the Visually Impaired Learner Program and the Early Intervention/ Early Childhood Special Education Program: Students completing programs in Visually Impaired Learner or Early Intervention/Early Childhood will have the master core classes incorporated into the licensure sequence. Licensure and degree will be awarded simultaneously.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 685 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Submit your application and $50 USD application fee online.
- Submit all high school transcripts/grades/records along with your graduation certificate/diploma/exam results or certificate(s).
- Submit evidence of English language proficiency that meets the university’s minimum requirements if you wish to enter university level coursework upon admission.
- Fill out the Financial Certification and Immigration Information Form and mail or submit it online to PSU.
- Submit Financial Documentation for I-20
International601 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 601 USD per credit and a duration of .
National280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 280 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.