The Postsecondary, Adult, and Continuing Education specialty at Portland State University is guided by a specific set of principles and values that is incorporated into course content and interactions:
- A commitment to social justice and equity
- The empowerment of change agents and agency
- The integration of theory, research, assessment, and practice
- The promotion of sound educational, social, economic, cultural, and environmental leadership and decision-making
- The development of reflective practitioners
- The fostering of life-long learning within inclusive, interdependent communities
- The utilization of appropriate and contemporary resources and technology
- Leveraging of multiple paradigms and perspectives to inform decision-making for the collective good
PACE learning outcomes
As a result of successfully completing the program, all graduates are expected to demonstrate their learning in the following core areas:
- Understand foundational concepts regarding individual learners across intellectual, emotional, and cultural dimensions.
- Apply the research and theoretical concepts of epistemology, pedagogy, and performance to individual educational practice.
- Understand foundational concepts (historical and current) of the organizational policies and procedures, alternate learning formats, and external forces that influence learning environments.
- Apply the research and theoretical concepts of learning environments to individual practice through the creation of equitable policies and programs, individual and group professional development, and sustainable organizational practices.
- Effectively use oral communication, written communication, research/assessment techniques, and technology appropriate to educational practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- ELP professional studies core
- Thematic specialization and electives
- Culminating experience
- Principles of Educational Research and Data Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted by the Graduate School of Education for the program application.
- Acceptable unofficial transcripts are:
- Web-based transcripts downloaded from an institution: institution and student name must be visible on transcripts
- Photocopies of official transcripts: these must include the front and back of all pages, including transcript key
- Previous applicants:
- If you’ve previously submitted official transcripts to PSU, you are still required to upload unofficial transcripts to complete your application.
- After you are admitted, you must submit official transcripts to:
- Graduate Admissions
- Portland State University
- PO Box 751 (OGS)
- Portland, OR 97207 - 0751
- Electronic official transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current resume
- Personal goal statement
- Two letters of reference (you will request these letters from within the application)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International671 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National671 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State444 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 444 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.