- modern approaches to understanding properties of the systems on a molecular scale
- advanced numerical methods
You will explore actual industrial processes, with a particular emphasis on energy efficiency.
During the MSc research dissertation projects, your acquired skills in various areas will be put into practice, to be applied to actual chemical engineering problems.
Learn from industry specialists
A unique feature of the programme is a strong and committed involvement of the UK and EU chemical engineering industry. The programme is advised by an Industrial Advisory Board.
Summer research dissertation projects are formulated and co-advised by industrial partners, with topics ranging across:
- computational fluid dynamics for medical applications
- carbon capture and storage
- continuous manufacturing for the pharmaceutical industry
Our graduates enjoy diverse career opportunities in:
- oil and gas
- food and drink
- consumer products
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Numerical Methods for Chemical Engineers
- Molecular Thermodynamics
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Dissertation
- Group Design Project (Power Station with Carbon Capture and Storage) (Semester 1)
- Separation Processes for Carbon Capture (Semester 2)
- Oil and Gas Systems Engineering (Semester 2)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 76 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in chemical engineering or a closely related field such as process, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food, materials engineering, industrial chemistry, or chemical technology. We may also consider your application if you have a degree in an adjacent field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29600 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
If you live in the UK, you may be able to apply for a postgraduate loan from one of the UK’s governments.
The type and amount of financial support you are eligible for will depend on:
- your programme
- the duration of your studies
- your residency status.
Programmes studied on a part-time intermittent basis are not eligible.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.