The International Development Studies (IDS) Program at Ohio University seeks to produce graduates who will become development practitioners – professionals acting as catalysts and facilitators of change in developing contexts. The IDS program incorporates a multidisciplinary approach and perspective, combining theory, methods, practical application, research, and technical concentration.
The program is two years, provides a broad viewpoint of issues and problems related to change and growth in a development context, and requires students to build upon a core set of classes, plus selecting a concentration in one of four technical areas: environment, gender, health, or social sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Development and Environment
- Development and Gender
- Development and Health
- Development and the Social Sciences
- Development and Sports
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Development View 439 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Receipt of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university equivalent to a US 4-year degree.
- A good undergraduate record, with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
- Three letters of recommendation that can address your academic abilities and achievements.
- An autobiographical sketch (A one page personal statement that is descriptive of your life.)
- Statement of purpose (A two page statement indicating your career goals and how the program of study chosen will help meet those goals. Be specific in discussing the aspects of your personal and academic background that may lead to success in the area of study chosen.)
- A resume or curriculum vita.
The applicant's experience, motivations, intellectual maturity, and probability of success in graduate work will also be considered.
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6474 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6474 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3498 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.