Applied Geography from University of Louisville course offerings and faculty research areas include geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, climatology and meteorology, urban and regional studies, quantitative and qualitative methods, medical geography, globalization, glaciology, hydrology and water resources, geomorphology, glaciology, transportation and location analysis, border security, land use/land cover change and the geography of food and race.
Graduates with Applied Geography from University of Louisville will:
- gain analytical skills and background knowledge needed to solve real-world problems with geographic dimensions.
- experience a nucleated body of coursework designed to foster and support the theoretical knowledge and advanced skill sets demanded for the professional and academic/research fields.
- be capable and prepared for effective integration into a broad diversity of professional fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History and Philosophy of Geography
- Advanced Spatial Statistics in Applied Geography
- Qualitative Methods in Applied Geography
- Research Design and Proposal Development in Applied Geography
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Astronomy & Space Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 77 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A combined GRE score of 300 (1000 on the old GRE)
- Major: AGEO
- Unit: GA
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (graduating seniors can submit current transcript, followed by final transcript upon graduation)
- Two letters of reference addressing candidate’s academic capabilities and readiness for graduate school, preferably from current or former faculty members
- A statement of interest/intent indicating academic and career goals and how the M.S. in Applied Geography meets these goals
- Application for Admission
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
- Financial Statement
International27374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13687 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13687 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6630 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.