The mission is to:
- Maintain quality educational programs that provide basic geologic instruction to students.
- Maintain quality programs that prepare students for graduate education or careers in the geological sciences.
- Maintain a quality graduate program that provides M.S. and Ph.D. students with the skills necessary to carry out independent research and obtain employment in a specialized area of the geological sciences.
- Develop and maintain research programs that contribute new knowledge to the geological sciences. Provide service to the scientific community and the public. Assist in the sound and sustainable economic development of the region, state, and nation.
- Climate Change
- Sedimentary Petrology: Carbonates
- Sedimentary Petrology: Clastics
- Advanced Igneous Petrology
- Metamorphic Petrology
- Well-Log Analysis
- Sedimentary Basin Analysis
- Advanced Topics in Geology
- Ore Deposits
- Seminar in Tectonics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National: Application review begins January 15 for TA/RA support. To have the best chance for support, all applications should be completed by January 15.
DisciplinesGeology View 183 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14615 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.