The program emphasizes three substantive research areas: organizational and interpersonal communication, communication and culture, and rhetoric and political discourse.
Students can pursue one of three different options:
- Academic – Comprehensive Exam Option: for students who wish to fulfill teaching requirements in communication studies or who want to pursue advanced degree work. It requires a comprehensive written examination to demonstrate proficient knowledge in their selected area of study.
- Research – Thesis Option: for students who plan to continue their graduate education. It requires an original thesis project in a specific research area of interest.
- Professional – Capstone Portfolio Option: for students who plan to pursue professional careers. It requires an internship or professional project and submission of a final capstone portfolio that provides a comprehensive overview of the work completed.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies
- Introduction to Teaching Public Speaking
- Communication and Diversity
- African American Rhetoric
- Political Communication
- Gender and Political Communication.
- Independent Study
- Contemporary Rhetorical Theory
- Classical Rhetorical Theory
- Seminar in Rhetorical Criticism
- Group Leadership
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Conflict and Negotiation
- Human Communication Theory
- Theories of Persuasion
- Relational Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Seminar: Public Address
- Communication and Gender
- Seminar in Organizational Communication
- Organizational Assessment and Intervention
- Technology, Culture, and Human Communication
- Internship in Communication Studies
- Special Topics
- Professional Project
- Thesis Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 557 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14615 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.