Our introductory-level courses aim at developing in students a lifelong appreciation for the visual arts from a global perspective. Our upper-level curriculum continues this goal while also preparing students for graduate study or for positions within the art world, including museum administration, publishing, communication arts, and design.
The graduate program in the Department of Art and Art History encourages a high "Idle Hands" graduate exhibition 2009: April Livingston, "Wisdom Teeth."level of creative thinking and intellectual inquiry, training students to become practicing artists, teachers in higher education, or professionals in other art or art-related fields. Programs within the department provide an informative, resourceful atmosphere that encourages artistic initiative and scholarly investigation. Faculty members are committed to teaching excellence, research, and service.
They incorporate traditional methods with emerging scholarship in their teaching and research, regularly publish in regional, national, and international publications, and participate in exhibitions and public presentations. With the Sarah Moody Gallery of Art and its Permanent Collection and a full schedule of visiting artists and lecturers, the Department of Art and Art History is an important resource for the university and is an integral part of the local and statewide arts scene.
More informationVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 522 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14615 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.