The MA degree in art history is an appropriate terminal degree for positions that are open in museums, galleries, libraries, and archives, and in the fields of teaching at the junior college level. Graduates of the program have secured positions in area museums, including the Birmingham Museum of Art, the Montgomery Museum of Arts and the Mobile Arts Museum, and as visual arts curators and teachers of art history in area colleges and universities, including Livingston College, Shelton State College, and Jefferson State College. Students interested in pursuing a teaching career at the University level are encouraged to continue their study of art history in a doctoral program.
Graduates of the joint MA program in art history have been accepted into the PhD programs of Rochester University, Emory University, Kansas University, and Florida State University.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Literature of Art
- Photographic Discourse
- Topics in Asian Art
- The Arts of Buddhism
- Topics in Medieval Art
- Topics in Renaissance Art
- Topics in Baroque Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArt History View 210 other Masters in Art History in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14615 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.