About the program
The programs are distinguished by exceptionally strong field experiences and by careful coordination of courses progressing from foundations and teaching methods to the development of a professional portfolio.
The Adolescence Education - Social Studies program leads to a Master of Science in Teaching degree and initial New York State certification.
Teacher candidates who meet all program requirements, complete the course of study and meet established field experience competencies are eligible for Fordham University endorsement for New York state initial certification in their program area.
Pass rates for Fordham’s initial teacher education graduates on the NYSTCE Teacher exams have been over 95% each year.
Programs are open to all who qualify; however, only U.S. citizens or international students who possess a U.S. Green Card or H1-B visa may be recommended for New York State teacher certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Seminar in Adolescence Social Studies
- Consultation and Co-Teaching in Collaborative Classrooms
- Educating Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Learners: PreK-12
- Elective Course in Technology (changes each semester)
- Historical, Philosophical, Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Human Development and Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sociology View 3610 other Masters in Education in United States
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including study abroad transcripts, must be submitted to the GSE Office of Admissions in official sealed envelopes.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.