The M.S. in Applied Economics from Boston College emphasizes the practical application of coursework and academic study. Guided by faculty members who are seasoned professionals, you will learn to analyze data and work with data analysis tools. Experience with the hands-on work economists do will prepare you to "hit the ground running" upon graduation.
After completing the program at Boston College, students will
- Be able to use basic economic models to analyze the choices made by consumers, investors, firms, and governments.
- Be able to utilize macro and microeconomic models in order to analyze business, policy, and social issues and decisions.
- Be able to interpret and analyze macroeconomic data to formulate economic policy and to evaluate the impact of macroeconomic events and forces on their organization.
- Have an intermediate level, practical knowledge of data analysis and econometrics.
- Be able to utilize economic models and econometric techniques in the context of economic analysis in order to address practical business or policy issues.
- Be able to competently use a statistical/econometric software packages.
- Be able to evaluate the ethical ramifications of economic policy proposals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microeconomic Theory
- Data Analysis
- Financial Economics
- Applied Stress Testing for Economists
- Operations Research in Applied Economics
- Big Data Econometrics
- Predictive Analytics/Forecasting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 115 other Masters in Econometrics in United States
- Official high school degree or official GED transcript
- Official college/university transcripts of previously attended schools
- Application fee: $45
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International37440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37440 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National37440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37440 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.