About the Geophysics programme offered at the University of Oklahoma
Traditionally, this degree level has been favored for professional-level work. The Master of Science degrees in geology and geophysics each are comprised of 26 hours of graduate credits and four hours of thesis credit.
Each candidate for the Master of Science degree in geology is required to complete one course in three of the following core areas: geochemistry, geophysics, igneous/metamorphic petrology, stratigraphy- paleontology, sedimentary petrology/sedimentology, and structural geology.
In addition, the student is required to complete one approved course (carrying graduate credit) outside geology in science, mathematics or engineering; approval for this outside course must be given by the student's major professor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Environmental and Geotechnical Geophysics
- Seismic Exploration
- Rock Physics for Seismic Applications
- Advanced Field Geophysics
- Computational Geosciences
- Introduction to Seismic Processing
- Introduction to Seismic Stratigraphy
- Solid Earth Geophysics
- Gravimetric and Magnetic Exploration
- Near-Surface Geophysical Imaging
- Advanced Seismic
- Advanced Seismic Processing
- Advanced Stratigraphy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Geology View 400 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Undergraduate and any Graduate Transcripts: the ConocoPhillips School of Geology and Geophysics requires applications have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- GRE Results (Graduate Record Exam), baseline requirements 31% verbal and 36% quantitative
- TOEFL Scores (this requirement is for international students whose first language is not English)
- Office of Graduate Admissions: English Proficiency Requirements
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (ideally from professors that know your performance in an academic setting)
- Information on academic accomplishments, research experience, presentations, and publications.
- Resume or CV (include cumulative GPA)
International40936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20468 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident - 18 credits hours: $6,946
- Non-Resident - 18 credits hours: $16,831
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.