Thesis Option Master Program
The MSECE thesis option in electrical and computer engineering requires a minimum of one year of full-time study. Three credit hours must be taken in mathematics or physics, and at least nine credit hours must be technical electives. Graduate credit will not be allowed for any courses that are numbered below 4000 or are part of the required undergraduate electrical or computer engineering curriculum.
Non-Thesis Master Program
The Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering degree offered at at the University of Oklahoma, non-thesis option has two tracks. Both require a minimum of 33 semester hours of coursework.
An MSECE concentration in Electrical Energy Production and Risk Management combining electrical and computer engineering and finance, conforms to the non-thesis General Track.
Twelve credit hours must be in electrical energy (power) with nine credit hours in finance courses, eight credit hours in electrical and computer engineering courses, and three credit hours in the field of mathematics or physics. Enrollment in internship hours (which counts toward the electrical energy requirement) is also required and the student must submit a written report upon completion of each internship (a maximum of two internships is allowed).
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Research for Master's Thesis (Thesis students only)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling deadline
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 385 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- Applicants must have marks or GPA equivalent to a "B" average, either in the last 60 hours of course work for U.S. transcripts or in the last two years for international transcripts/mark sheets. For international students who are graded by the British or "class" system, the last two years must be First Class scores (minimum of 60%). If the last two years of marks are below 60%, the application will be automatically denied.
- Official or certified GRE (Graduate Record Examination) general exam score report.ECE accepts any version of the test that ETS administers. ETS sends two copies of the GRE report, one to the Graduate College Office (which is forwarded to the department/school) and another directly to the department/school.
- Three official letters of recommendation in an acceptable format, uploaded to the online application. Click here for the official recommendation form (PDF).
- Statement of purpose.
International41098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20549 USD per semester during 24 months.
National35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.