Courses in the Mathematical Finance program at University of Miami cover a broad array of topics that prepare students to enter the worlds of finance, risk management, and financial computing.
The Master of Science in Mathematical Finance program is dedicated to producing technically trained professionals with an understanding of how to analyze and value complex investments, and assess the associated risks.
The financial landscape is constantly changing, and we design the MSMF curriculum to equip students with skills and knowledge that will provide the foundation for their future success. Our program seeks the proper balance between the mathematical and statistical theory, programming practice and financial applications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Analysis
- Statistical Analysis with Financial Applications
- Optimization Methods
- Introduction to Mathematical Finance
- Stochastic Calculus with Applications to Finance
- Computational Methods of Finance
- Financial Investments
- Advanced Topics in Investments
- Introduction to Parallel Computing
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinancial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 379 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- Complete an online application.
- Pay application fee as part of your online application (currently $85)
- Provide official GRE scores. Note that the GRE scores can be at most 5 year old.
- Provide official TOEFL score, if your native language is not English
- Provide 2 letters of reference.
- Provide a resume with exact dates of employment (note: work experience is NOT required for MSMF)
- Provide official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Provide a purpose statement: In 300 words or less, describe your area of interest and what your goals are upon completion of the MSMF program.
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 18 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.