The Master of Social Work program from University of North Carolina Wilmington is one of only 13 MSW programs in the U.S. that concentrates only on clinical social work. Students work together in cohorts, allowing the personal attention and intensive clinical training they need to be successful. Students get the opportunity to intern at various agencies in the Wilmington area, where they will work one-on-one with clients, families, children, elderly and communities. Internship settings include schools, nonprofit agencies, hospice, military bases, addiction treatment centers, etc.
In addition to our core classes, we also offer certificates in addictions, gerontology and other disciplines, as well as opportunities to study abroad and participate in global social work. Social work licensure is recognized in all states, allowing great mobility and opportunities for graduates. All programs in the School of Social Work (SSW) are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Clinical Practice : Collaborative Strengths-Based Solution-Focused Relationships in Social
- Work Practice
- Pre-Field Graduate Seminar
- The Idea of Social Work: History, Philosophy and Theory of Social Work Practice
- Research in Clinical Practice : Evaluating Social Work Practice
- Life Transitions and Human Development in the Social Environment
- Field Instruction and Graduate Seminar
- Mental Health and Psychopathology: Assessment and Differential Diagnostics
- Social Diversity and Social Work Practice
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 329 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduation with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent for non-U.S. students), Advanced Standing applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a CSWE accredited institution.
- 3.0 undergraduate GPA (on 4.0 point scale)
- A liberal arts base of undergraduate study, which includes courses in human biology or human development, basic statistics, introduction to psychology and introduction to sociology
- GRE is not required for students that have a cumulative GPA of a 3.25 or higher. The 3.25 GPA applies to the last institution attended where the undergraduate degree was conferred. In addition, students that hold a graduate degree in another field are not required to take the GRE.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18548 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4720 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.