The Master of Music degree program in Instrumental Conducting at University of Miami provides students with opportunities for advanced instrumental study, analysis of style, development of technique and musicianship demonstrated through the ability to conduct ensembles.
Our principal focus is on the development of high-level performance skills that will enable a student to pursue a career as a professional conductor/musician.
The program objectives are:
- To provide students with the highest quality training possible to bridge academic training into entry-level careers as professional artists;
- To provide students with performance opportunities that develop and demonstrate the integration of musicianship and performance practice;
- To assist students with identifying opportunities and preparation for competitions, internships, apprenticeships and other professional venues for the classical artist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master's Recital
- MM Recital Program Notes Preparation
- Recital Paper Preparation
- Master's Recital Paper
- Masters Advanced Recital
- Music Bibliography
- Analytical Techniques
- Apply online through CollegeNET
- Upload a prescreening (if applicable) through SlideRoom – check the Audition/Portfolio Requirements page for specific information
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.