This Professional Master Degree in Marine Conservation from University of Miami is unique in that students design a curriculum that emphasizes their personal goals and interests, while focusing on innovative solutions to current marine ecosystem and organism threats. The goal of the track is to advance conservation efforts, scientific literacy and communication, public outreach and integration, and education within the marine realm.
Practical aspects of the program will vary between individuals but may include exposure to field methods and techniques, GIS and remote sensing of shallow water marine environments, the development of environmental impact statements, coastal law, the development of social media, scientific communication, and statistics for environmental management.
This degree track is unique in that students design a curriculum that emphasizes their personal goals and interests, while focusing on innovative solutions to current marine ecosystem and organism threats.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Marine GIS
- Marine Conservation Biology
- Statistics for Environmental Management
- Environmental Law
- Scientific Communication
- International Ocean Law
- Political Ecology of Resource Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 53 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- Online CollegeNet application
- Transcripts from all institutions in which a degree(s) was awarded and a transcript evaluation (for non-U.S. academic institutions)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international applicants)
International43890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43890 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National43890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43890 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.