Grand Valley State University educates students with the mission to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies. Nowhere is this mission more effectively realized than when Grand Valley alumni become leaders of our voluntary and charitable organizations. Furthermore, there is no better way to prepare students for this role than through a program that builds the theoretical and practical knowledge critical to leading and managing these organizations.
The programmeThe mission of the graduate programs in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership at Grand Valley State University is to prepare students to act ethically and effectively in leading and managing philanthropic and nonprofit organizations, and to transcend traditional boundaries in the pursuit of prosperous, safe, and healthy communities.
- Versatile. Students may choose from emphases in Community Impact, Mission Advancement, Nonprofit Healthcare, or they may create a custom emphasis area with the guidance and approval of their advisor.
- Convenient. Courses are offered on the Pew Campus in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Flexible. Available to full- or part-time students. Many classes are offered at times to accommodate working professionals, including evening and weekend courses and workshops, and Internet-enhanced learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Human Resources in Organizations
- Organization Theory
- Nonprofit Financial Management
- Fund Development
- Leadership Capstone
- Nonprofit and Foundation Boards, Trustees, and Governance
- Nonprofit Organizations, Advocacy and Public Policy
- International NGO Management
- Health Administration and Service
- Marketing Health and Human Services
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management Strategic Management View 133 other Masters in Strategic Management in United States
- A completed graduate application.
- A $30 non-refundable application fee unless the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University and has paid this fee.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution.
- Three reference from informed sources.
- An essay on career and educational objectives and how attaining an MHA from GVSU will help achieve your objectives (250 to 750 words).
- A resume
- Submission of test scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS, or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) for applicants whose native language is not English. The following minimum scores are expected: TOEFL is 80, IELTS is 6.5, and MELAB is 77.
International13500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 USD per year during 12 months.
National 691 $ / credit
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.