The Mining Engineering program offered by University of Nevada, Reno includes courses in mine design, mining technology, computer applications to operations control and management, environmental concerns, industrial safety and health and mineral economics.
The goals of the program are to train students so that graduates are qualified to perform the various functions typically exercised by mining engineers: plan, design, operate, and close mines.
Graduates with M.S. in Mining Engineering from University of Nevada, Reno will:
- demonstrate the basic knowledge to be able to plan and design mines technically sound, moreover in an ethically, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- be able to apply mathematics, science, and engineering to identify, formulate, and solve practical mining engineering problems.
- be prepared for entry-level positions in operations and management of mines.
- be able to communicate plans, designs, and operational practices to colleagues, mine managers, regulators, interveners, and the public at large.
- demonstrate proficiency in engineering topics such as rock fragmentation, materials handling, mineral processing, mine surveying, ventilation, and resource/reserve estimation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mineral Reserve Estimat
- Surface Mine Design
- Rock Mechanics
- Special Problems
- Applied Finite Element Analysis
- Continuum Mechanics
- Computational Structural Analysis
- Heat Mass Transport
- Professional Paper
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Plan A - Thesis Option: 30 units
Plan B - Non-thesis Option: 33 units
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 239 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in order to be accepted as a graduate student.
- For full graduate standing, at least 30 credits of undergraduate work in mining engineering or related sciences must have been completed.
- Earn acceptable scores on the verbal and quantitative portions of the GRE test.
- Letters of recommendation from former instructors indicating capability for advanced course work and research.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.