The Mathematics program offered by University of Nevada, Reno designed for students that want a career in private industry, government, education and in Ph.D. programs.
During our M.S. in Mathematics at University of Nevada, Reno students will demonstrate professional and attitudinal skills, including:
- Mastery of course material at the graduate level.
- Mastery of the methodology and techniques specific to mathematics and statistics.
- Functioning as a professional in the discipline.
- Oral, written, and mathematical/statistical communication skills.
- Ability to apply their learned skills to professional practice.
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Ability to work with others, especially in teams.
- Demonstration of professional attitudes and values such as workplace ethics and lifelong learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Abstract and Real Analysis
- Modern Algebra
- Algebraic Topology
- Numerical Analysis and Approximation
- Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos
- Operations Research I
- Stochastic Models and Simulation and Mathematical Statistics or
- Methods in Applied Math
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- PLAN A (THESIS) 30 credits
- PLAN B (NON-THESIS) 32 credits
DisciplinesMathematics View 604 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Submit official transcripts, at least one letter of recommendation, and a satisfactory Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General score. It is strongly recommended that applicants take the Mathematics portion of the GRE in addition to the General portion.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- All applicants are required to fill out an online application form.
Applicants must have completed the following courses or their equivalents or hold a B.A. or B.S. degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics from an accredited university:
- Differential Calculus of one variable
- Integral Calculus of one variable
- Multivariable CalculuS
- Linear Algebra
- Real Analysis
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.