The History program of Case Western Reserve University offers instruction within the customary frameworks that have formed the basis of historical studies, and it also has developed special emphases in social, cultural, political, and economic perspectives that allow instruction and research on such topics as the African-American experience, the environment, business and economy, technology and science, medicine, women’s history and gender studies, legal history, and comparative social history. Courses in history, or a formal major or minor in history, traditionally have been attractive to students as preparation for a wide variety of career and professional interests, including teaching, law, government, medicine, and journalism, and such public history activities as archival administration, historical museum administration, restoration and preservation of historic sites, and writing.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Historiography of Science
- Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector
- History of Museums: Theory and Reality
- Seminar: Early American Historiography
- Seminar: Modern American Historiography
- Alexander the Great: Materials and Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 489 other Masters in History in United States
- The application form
- A letter of intent or statement of objectives
- A CV or resume
- Scores on the GRE
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably from former professors)
- A writing sample (e.g., a previously written college essay or research paper).
- A short essay on the following question: What work of history has impressed you the most, and why? (This should be a book by a serious historian.)
International46524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23262 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National46524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23262 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.