The program provides students with balanced and comprehensive training in sociological theory, research methodology and social statistics, which will prepare students for a variety of careers as well as continued study leading to the Ph.D. degree.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Sociology provides study and training for entry into academic and professional careers that would require theory-driven basic or applied research on social issues and phenomena. The program develops student expertise in general sociological theory and advanced methodologies for the analysis of social data, with particular emphasis on expertise in the analysis of social inequalities and social institutions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Latino Immigration and Incorporation: (Subtitled).
- Sociology of the Family. The Work-Family Intersection.Organizations, Occupations, and Professions.
- Sociology of the Body
- Sociology of Children and Adolescents.
- Social Data Analysis Using Regression.
- Population and Society.
- Sociology of International Public Health.
- Seminar in Sociology: (Subtitled).
- Study Abroad: (Subtitled).
- Reproduction of Minority Communities.
- Professional Seminar.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSociology View 348 other Masters in Sociology in United States
All applicants must meet the UWM Graduate School’s requirements for admission to the MA program in Sociology. In addition, applicants to the MA program must:
- Provide three letters of recommendation from persons, preferably faculty, familiar with the applicant’s scholastic achievement and potential.
- Submit a sample of scholarly writing, a minimum of five pages in length.
- Submit GRE scores.
International24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
National24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State11861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11861 USD per year and a duration of .
- Minnesota - $18202
- Illinois - $17054
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.