All programs train students in the facts, methodologies, and theories of psychology, with special emphasis on developing research competence. The department has well-equipped laboratories and an on-campus training clinic. The city of Milwaukee provides additional opportunities for training at hospitals, social service agencies, and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Note that all four of the department’s doctoral programs are actually combined M.S./Ph.D. programs, although students who already have a master’s degree in psychology or neuroscience are also encouraged to apply. If admitted, they will not be required to earn the M.S. at UWM if their master’s degree included an empirically based thesis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Study Abroad: (Subtitled)
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Cognitive Processes
- Advanced Psychological Statistics
- Conditioning and Learning
- History of Psychology
- Learning and Motivation Theories
- Psychology of Race, Ethnicity, and Health
- Experimental Design
- Current Topics: (Subtitled)
- Single-Subject Research Methods
- Advanced Physiological Psychology
- Neurobiology of Learning and Memory
- Experimental Child Psychology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology View 899 other Masters in Psychology in United States
An applicant must meet Graduate School requirements plus the following departmental requirements to be considered for admission to the program:
- Completion of an undergraduate major in psychology (or neuroscience).
- Submission of scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Receipt of positive recommendation by the Departmental Admissions Committee.
Admission is based on evaluation of an applicant’s entire record. In evaluating each application, the Admissions Committee examines such factors as GRE scores, grades, research record (e.g., research apprenticeships, publications, presentations, and senior or honors theses), and letters of recommendation.
International24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
National24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State11861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11861 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.