The Biomedical Engineering faculty at Marquette University reflect this interdisciplinary nature in their courses and research. Marquette faculty are synergistically complemented by faculty from the Medical College of Wisconsin. The Department of Biomedical Engineering fosters collaborative interactions between the two institutions.
The biomedical engineering program is interdisciplinary in nature, involving the application of engineering and mathematics to the solution of problems related to medicine and biology. Marquette faculty are synergistically complemented by adjunct faculty from the Medical College of Wisconsin. The MU/MCW Center for Biomedical Engineering and Biomathematics fosters collaborative interactions between the two institutions. Research can be characterized by the general areas of bioinstrumentation/computers, biomechanics/biomaterials, rehabilitation bioengineering and systems physiology.
- Cell transport and metabolism
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- Computers in medicine
- Functional imaging (magnetic resonance, X-ray)
- Head and spinal cord trauma
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
This program has rolling admissions, which means you may apply any time before the following dates
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics View 346 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the application form and fee online.
- M.S. and M.E. applicants apply through Marquette University Graduate School’s online application.
- Ph.D. applicants apply through the Medical College of Wisconsin’s online application.
- Copies of all current and previous colleges/universities except Marquette.*
- Three letters of recommendation.
- GRE scores (General Test only).
- A brief statement of purpose that includes the proposed area of research specialization.
- For master of engineering applicants only: an interview with the M.E. program director.
International36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.