With healthcare being one of the largest industries in the United States which is rapidly shifting to electronic health records, there is a great demand for IT experts to assist in this shift as well as for informaticians and data analysts to leverage the full potential of electronic health data in order to improve healthcare. There was never a better time for a career in health care informatics!
Why choose us?
- The Health Care Informatics program of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee will give you a broad perspective of the field as well as give you theoretical and applied knowledge pertaining to various subareas within healthcare informatics.
- You will develop skills in areas of high demand in health care such as systems analysis and design, database design and management, clinical decision support and computer programming.
- You will get exposed to cutting edge research in areas such as big data, predictive analytics, natural language processing, medical knowledge representation and information retrieval, which are rapidly becoming indispensable for improving healthcare.
- Our program is designed for both full-time or part-time students.
- Courses are offered both face-to-face and online. Mid-career professionals can use the fully online option for completing the degree.
You can work…
- Health care systems
- Physician offices
- Medical group practices
- Nursing homes
- Health Care Informatics
- Legal, Ethical and Social Issues in Health Care Informatics
- Health Care Systems Applications—Administrative & Clinical
- Biomedical Database Applications
- Essential Programming for Health Informatics
- Computational Intelligence in Health Informatics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Health Informatics View 563 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent as determined by the UWM Center on International Education, from a regionally accredited institution, completed before the first term of enrollment in the Graduate School
- Proficiency in the English language.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75
- Reasons Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $75 application fee
- GRE scores
- No specific undergraduate major is necessary for admission. A typical applicant will have background in a health-related field or in an information/computer related field, but applicants from other academic or professional backgrounds are welcome to apply who will be considered on a case-by-case basis
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12219 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12219 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.