The History Department at East Tennessee State University is dedicated to providing a stimulating and unique atmosphere for research and learning.
- Our faculty engages in scholarship across a broad range of subjects and we support graduate studies in a variety of fields.
- Graduates from our program have gone on to doctoral programs at other institutions, to strong careers in teaching, public history, and government work, and to success in the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our distinguished faculty are actively involved in relevant research within their fields.
- Small class sizes and close interactions with your professors mean that you will be engaged in serious research and study from your first class onward.
- Support for study across a broad spectrum of possible interests. Our masters students conduct research in a wide range of fields. The diverse research interests of our current students and our recent graduates demonstrate the program's -- and the faculty's -- flexibility in developing our students' growth as historians.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory View 598 other Masters in History in United States
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted with your application. Official transcripts will be required upon acceptance to a Graduate program.
- 3 recommendations from three undergraduate (preferably History) instructors
- 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in upper-level history courses
- An application essay of 250-300 words which conforms to accepted standards of good, written English and which addresses specific fields of historical interest and reasons for wishing to pursue study in the History graduate program at ETSU.
International43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 12 months.
National43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 601 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Johnson City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.