The hub of your training is Parkland Memorial Hospital, a high-energy, 990-bed county facility that admits nearly 41,000 patients a year and delivers more babies than any other hospital in the nation. Parkland has earned a place on U.S. News and World Report’s list of America’s Best Hospitals for more than a decade. It operates internationally recognized trauma and burn centers and delivers specialty emergency care in medicine, surgery, psychiatry, and obstetrics and gynecology.
For students, residents, and fellows, the new William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital is a dynamic learning environment that includes areas for collaborative, team-based education – the learning style preferred by many millennials, the next generation of health care professionals.
- Conference rooms on patient floors (complete with interactive whiteboard technology and videoconferencing capabilities) offer a place to gather for instruction or to discuss cases with UT Southwestern teachers or experts anywhere in the world.
- A simulation room in the Intensive Care Unit provides an active learning opportunity, where students can simulate a procedure or care scenario and then see it carried out in the hospital setting.
- “Touch down” areas provide a more informal setting for smaller groups of faculty, residents, fellows, and students to confer, taking advantage of the real-time learning opportunities in a large, urban hospital
At the end of 30 months, successful students receive a Master of Physician Assistant Studies degree and are eligible to sit for the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination. In the last eight years, 100 percent of our graduates passed the exam on the first try.
The mission of the Physician Assistant Studies Program is to:
- Excel in the art and science of physician assistant education and promote inter-professional primary health care delivery to a diverse and dynamic population.
- Encourage leadership, service, and excellence among our faculty, staff, students and graduates.
- Foster a commitment to evidence-based practice, quality improvement and patient safety.
More informationVisit official programme website
- medical and behavioral sciences
- clinical rotations
- high-intensity lecture science
- concepts of health care and disease
- medical history and physical examination skills
- disease process identification
- clinical prevention
- population health
- evidence-based medicine
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1101 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Three letters of recommendation from health care professionals you’ve worked with, professors, employers, community leaders, and other people who know you and your abilities
- Original transcripts from all of the colleges you’ve attended
- Your official GRE scores by September 1. (Scores are acceptable within five years of taking the exam.) Our GRE school code is 6686.
- TOEFL scores if you’re an international student
- Quality and quantity of academic preparation; the typical candidate has earned a bachelor’s degree with more than 50 hours of science courses, with a science and overall required grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale
International33009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 82524 USD for the full programme and a duration of 30 months.
National33009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 82524 USD for the full programme and a duration of 30 months.
In-State14417 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36044 USD for the full programme and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.