The curriculum at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is a robust blend of academic learning and hands-on clinical training. Students begin with four semesters of lecture and bedside demonstration in medical and behavioral sciences. This foundational coursework is followed by four semesters of clinical rotations in a wide range of disciplines and settings.
The mission of the Physician Assistant Studies Program is to:
- Excel in the art and science of physician assistant education.
- Promote interprofessional primary health care delivery to a diverse and dynamic population.
- Encourage leadership, service, and excellence among our faculty, staff, students, and graduates.
- Foster a commitment to diversity and inclusion, evidence-based medicine, quality improvement, and patient safety.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued to the Physician Assistant Program sponsored by UT Southwestern. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- medical and behavioral sciences
- clinical rotations
- high-intensity lecture science
- concepts of health care and disease
- medical history and physical examination skills
- disease process identification
- clinical prevention
- population health
- evidence-based medicine
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1281 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Three letters of recommendation from health care professionals you’ve worked with, professors, employers, community leaders, and other people who know you and your abilities
- Original transcripts from all of the colleges you’ve attended
- Your official GRE scores by September 1. (Scores are acceptable within five years of taking the exam.)
- TOEFL scores if you’re an international student
- Quality and quantity of academic preparation; the typical candidate has earned a bachelor’s degree with more than 50 hours of science courses, with a science and overall required grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale
International35051 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 87629 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
National35051 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 87629 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
In-State16459 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41149 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
Living costs for Dallas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.