Tufts University benefits from its location in the greater Boston area, one of America's most important hubs for museums and historical societies.
The unparalleled wealth of historical institutions just outside our back door provides a host of opportunities for on-site education, internships, and networking.
The Tufts Museum Studies Program provides qualified, post-baccalaureate students with professional training in administration, preservation, and interpretation skills required for a career in the museum field.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Historiography Proseminar
- The Museum Foundation Course
- Research Methods
- Three Museum Studies elective courses
- The Museum Studies Internship
- Preparation of one regional or comparative field of study, and examination in that field (see requirements in the preceding description of History M.A.). A thesis is optional.
- Proven reading proficiency in at least one foreign language or mastery of a research methodology in another discipline
- The presentation of one research project drawn from coursework to the Graduate History Roundtable
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory Museum Studies View 492 other Masters in History in United States
- Application Fee - The application fee of $75 is payable through the online application by credit card or e-check (drawn on a US bank).
- Academic Records
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement - You are required to upload a personal statement describing your reasons for wanting to pursue graduate study at Tufts. Please limit your personal statement to a maximum of five pages.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Additional Requirements - Applicants to the graduate program are expected to have a degree at the level of Bachelor or Master in chemical engineering. Requirements include a basic knowledge of physics and calculus, particularly differential equations.
International51288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51288 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National51288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51288 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Depending on your eligibility, you may borrow a Federal Direct Subsidized Loan in amounts up to $3500 in the first year, $4500 in the second year, and $5500 in each of the third and fourth years.
- Tufts Loans are need-based, institutional undergraduate loans which range from $500 to $2,000.
- Subsidized Perkins Loans loans cannot exceed $4,000 per year for undergraduate study, and $20,000 for all years of undergraduate study.
- This federal loan is available to students who are U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking or certificate program. Unsubsidized means that all interest charges for this loan are your responsibility.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.