The departmental research bridges between basic and applied research in the field of polymers and coatings. There is a unique atmosphere and opportunities for cross-disciplinary research experience, often accomplished by multi-disciplinary research activities with, for example, chemistry or engineering departments. Advanced research work involves specialized training in the following areas: colloidal and interfacial chemistry of polymers and coatings, polymer synthesis, adhesion, durability, spectroscopy, corrosion, electrochemistry, nanomaterials design and synthesis, computational modeling, life cycle assessment, and rheology. The department has an industrial advisory board consisting of leading industrial scientists and/or former graduates who provide new directions and other feedback to the program.
During the fall semester of the Coatings and Polymeric Materials program at North Dakota State University, the faculty meet with the new students to acquaint them with the research programs in the department. Because students are required to team with a research adviser by the end of the first semester in residence, they are required to discuss research opportunities with all faculty members.
- Nanomaterials design
- Computational modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
April 15 is the priority deadline for fall consideration. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 388 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Have adequate preparation in a science or engineering field
- You are required to submit your online application and nonrefundable $35 application fee
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Submitting your transcripts (statement of marks)
- All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship or residency, must demonstrate proficiency with the English language before they will be considered for admission to a graduate program
- GRE: Required for international applicants (unless the applicant has earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university within the United States); Recommended for all applicants
International21270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 709 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 405 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.