At the start of the first year of study in the Biochemistry program at North Dakota State University, entering graduate students take entrance examinations in chemistry and biochemistry, as well as analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry. The graduate student progress committee uses these exams for advisory purposes in recommending course work during the first year. As a consequence, programs are individually tailored to the needs of each student.
The chemistry, biochemistry, and molecular biology of plant, animal, insect, and microbial systems are studied through advanced course work and research. Selection of the area of emphasis depends on the interests of the student. Typically, course work is completed in one to one-and-a-half years for M.S. candidates, and two years for Ph.D. candidates, leaving later years for full-time thesis research. The typical time to complete a graduate degree averages three years for the M.S. degree and approximately five years for the Ph.D.
- Chemical Research
- Analytical Chemistry
- Methods of Biochemical Research
- Chemical Applications of Group Theory
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1272 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Students must have adequate preparation for the study of chemistry and biochemistry at the graduate level, and show potential to undertake advanced study and research as evidenced by academic performance and experience
- You are required to submit your online application and nonrefundable $35 application fee
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Submitting your transcripts (statement of marks)
- All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship or residency, must demonstrate proficiency with the English language before they will be considered for admission to a graduate program
- GRE required from applicants who have not earned a degree in the U.S. (general and subject recommended for domestic students, but not required)
International21270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 709 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 405 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.