At the start of the first year of study, entering graduate students take entrance examinations in chemistry and biochemistry, as well as analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry. The graduate student progress committee uses these exams for advisory purposes in recommending course work during the first year. As a consequence, programs are individually tailored to the needs of each student.
The chemistry, Biochemistry at North Dakota State University, and molecular biology of plant, animal, insect, and microbial systems are studied through advanced course work and research. Selection of the area of emphasis depends on the interests of the student. Typically, course work is completed in one to one-and-a-half years for M.S. candidates, and two years for Ph.D. candidates, leaving later years for full-time thesis research. The typical time to complete a graduate degree averages three years for the M.S. degree and approximately five years for the Ph.D.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Chemical Research
- Scientific Integrity
- Graduate Seminar
- Master's Thesis
- Analytical Chemistry II
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- Mass Spectrometry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 438 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- The graduate programs in biochemistry are open to all qualified graduates of universities and colleges of recognized standing.
- To be admitted with full standing to the program, the applicant must meet the Graduate School's admission requirements, have adequate preparation for the study of chemistry and biochemistry at the graduate level, and show potential to undertake advanced study and research as evidenced by academic performance and experience.
- The student must first apply to the Graduate School and be accepted in full or conditional status before he/she is eligible for an assistantship in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
International655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National561 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 561 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State374 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 374 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.