Didactic Athletic Training courses at North Dakota State University and clinical experience courses focus on prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries resulting from physical activity. This is a five-semester program starting in the second eight-week session of the summer term.
Option 1: Five-Year Program. This unique option allows the student to complete a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and Master of Athletic Training (MATrg) degree in five years.
During years 1-3 students follow the NDSU Exercise Science guidelines and curriculum**.
Students apply to the MATrg program through the NDSU Graduate School spring semester of the third year (typically Junior standing).
Accepted students begin the MATrg program in July.
During year 4 students complete both Exercise Science and MATrg courses.The Exercise Science degree is awarded in August.
During year 5 students complete MATrg courses. Upon successful completion of all program and Graduate School requirements, the MATrg degree is awarded in May.
This program is recommended for entering freshmen, student-athletes and transfer students interested in earning an athletic training degree at NDSU.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Athletic Training Techniques
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Orthopedic Assessment
- Evidence Based Research and Practice
- Prevention and Health Promotion in Athletic Training
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Non-Orthopedic Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 399 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Research Writing: Students are required to write a research-based position paper making an evidence-based argument for the use of prophylactic tape or bracing. A minimum of two (2) references must be included.
- Documentation of 50 hours of observation completed under the direct supervision of a BOC ATC® in an athletic training room setting. All 50 hours must be completed within one (1) calendar year of application.
International655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National561 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 561 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State374 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 374 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.