The master’s degree requires five core courses, four elective courses and an integrative seminar.
- The core courses provide a thorough understanding of the nonprofit sector and address key aspects of nonprofit leadership and management.
- The elective courses offer an opportunity to specialize on a focused nonprofit function, including social entrepreneurship and program evaluation combined with mission alignment.
- The program culminates with the integrative seminar, which addresses specific critical issues facing nonprofits, often through a community-based, hands-on learning project.
The MNPS requires 30 hours of coursework. There is no thesis requirement. Coursework from the graduate certificate in NPS may be applied to the master’s degree.
- Understanding the Nonprofit Sector
- Financial Management and Budget Development
- Law, Ethics and Governance
- Resource Development and Promotion
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Assessment and Program Evaluation
- Social Entrepreneurship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1502 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Pick an application and term in the grid and submit the appropriate online application with your fee ($35 undergraduate, $50 graduate)
- Have original transcripts for ALL college-level work sent to the School. You may use the Transcript Request Form for non-UR transcripts
- Make arrangements to submit required supporting materials. Requirements vary by program and are detailed in the online application
- English Proficiency
- Transcript and Mark Sheet Evaluation
- The University of Richmond Office of International Education handles the process of procuring student visas. Student visas will be issued only AFTER an applicant has been admitted to a degree program
International1240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National1240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.