Trained at premier research institutions throughout North America and Europe, Literature faculty members at Florida State University are accomplished teachers and scholars.
Numerous faculty have won College and University teaching awards. In addition to prize-winning original fiction and poetry, writing faculty have produced nationally acclaimed textbooks, and faculty research regularly appears in books published by distinguished university presses, as well as the foremost journals in the profession, such as Publications of the Modern Language Association, English Literary History, Modern Drama, and the Journal of English and Germanic Philology. For more information on all faculty, please see the full faculty listing.
The teaching apprenticeship program is a strong feature of the Department's graduate program. Each year the Department appoints a number of graduate teaching assistants who normally teach two sections of Freshman English each semester, in addition to enrolling in at least nine hours of coursework (tuition waivers are provided to all eligible students). Faculty supervisors support these teaching assistants in their work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medieval and Early Modern British Literary and Cultural Studies (through 1660)
- British and Irish Literary and Cultural Studies: 1660-1900
- Post-1900 Literary and Cultural Studies (American, British, Irish)
- American Literary and Cultural Studies to 1900
- African-American Literary and Cultural Studies
- History of Text Technologies
- Feminism, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- Colonial, Postcolonial, and Transnational Literary and Cultural Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 544 other Masters in Literature in United States
To complete the process in the Office of Admissions, applicants must submit the following:
- An official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Official nationally standardized graduate admission test scores.
- The residency form, if applicable.
- Submit official English Proficiency Test Scores if your native language is not English.
- Determine if the major/program of interest has a different application deadline and/or additional major/program criteria, e.g., research interests, letters of recommendation, personal statement, interviews/portfolios/auditions, or other factors specified by the program.
International36630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.