In collaboration with the School of Education, Visual Art Education at University of Kansas provides advanced level students with classroom and teaching experiences in area schools and community settings. Visual Art Education graduates are well prepared to be successful art educators and have a very high job placement rate.
Facilities and Resources
The dedicated VAE classroom comfortably accommodates students in both classroom and studio situations, complete with full supplies for doing most school-related art projects as well as a state-of-the-art projector for presentations.
The Spencer Museum of Art, an independent facility, is also significant resource for the VAE Program. Students utilize the museum’s collections through gallery tours, museum staff talks, museum events, and a VAE methods course that meets on site.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Instruction and Curriculum
- Education in Multicultural Society
- Fundamentals of Art
- Instructional Strategies in Art for Elementary Classroom Teachers
- Community Collaborations in Art Education
- Artistic Media and Processes in Art Education
- Independent Study
- Student Teaching
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 522 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- To be admitted, students must have undergraduate backgrounds judged by the graduate faculty to be appropriate preparation for graduate study in visual art. A strong preference exists for applicants whose undergraduate backgrounds are in visual art.
- The committees expect applicants to have the B.F.A. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience.
- In general, committees expect applicants to present about 70 hours of undergraduate credit in studio or related professional courses, to have maintained an undergraduate overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, particularly in visual art courses, and to have had a minimum of 9 hours of credit in art history. The department encourages full-time enrollment.
International19322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19322 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National24023 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24023 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
In-State10061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10061 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.