In the Data Science program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute, you’ll work closely with faculty and peers to synthesize huge amounts of digital information from multiple sources. With our master's degree in data science, you’ll derive new insights and articulate these findings into innovative solutions for how we live, work, and interact with the world around us. Your expertise will be in high demand in the workplace, as you tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges.
WPI’s data science master's program is interdisciplinary, drawing from Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, and the Robert A. Foisie Business School. This trifecta of disciplines forms the basis for the program’s curriculum that focuses on:
- Database management: extracting and managing data using traditional and cutting-edge methods
- Analysis techniques: machine learning and data-mining algorithms
- A deeper knowledge of statistics and other applied mathematical foundations
- Data-analysis software: a rich diversity of software tools used throughout the program
- Essential management and leadership techniques: business courses provide a holistic approach to data science, developing interpersonal and story-telling skills alongside technical mastery
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrative Data Science
- Data Analytics and Mining
- Data Access and Management
- Mathematical Analytics
- Business Intelligence and Case Studies
- Database Management Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 224 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Application fee of $70
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE or GMAT required for all international applicants; recommended for U.S. students; waived for WPI students and alumni
- Statement of purpose
- TOEFL / IELTS scores
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.