Graduates of the Master of Science (M.S.) in Linguistics from Georgetown University are well-rounded linguists and are very competitive in both academic and non-academic job markets.
Nearly half of our students come from outside the United States, contributing to a culture of linguistic and cultural diversity which enriches the Department’s intellectual and social life. Georgetown Linguistics alumni can be found all around the country and around the world in positions of leadership and responsibility, in academia, government, not-for-profit organizations, and corporations.
- seminal readings and approaches related to the analysis of language
- the equality of languages and language varieties and commonly held misconceptions about them
- the complexity and underlying systematicity of language
- the role of variation (within and across languages) in linguistic theory and analysis
- the relationships between language and a variety of social contexts
- how first and second languages are learned
- how languages are structured and how they convey referential and social meaning
- how language is processed, cognitively and computationally
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Linguistics
- Computational Linguistics
- Theoretical Linguistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 374 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- 3 Recommendations
- Entrance Examination Requirements - Official Test Results (GRE)
- Foreign Applicant Entrance Examination (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Official Transcripts of Academic Coursework and Degrees Earned
International2139 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2139 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2139 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2139 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.