The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Education program at the University of Rhode Island is designed for teachers who have already been certified in elementary or secondary education as part of their undergraduate degree, and want to obtain a master’s degree.
Students in the M.A. program generally declare an area of specialization from the list below. As an alternative option, a specialization may also be designed to fit with your specific background and interests.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Foundations of Adult Education
- Education in Contemporary Society
- Adult Basic Education
- Leadership Development in Adult Program
- Current Trends in Elementary Education
- Microcomputer Applications in Education
- Teaching the Gifted and Talented
- Foundations of Educational Research
- Education of Special Needs Students
- Current Trends in Secondary Education
- 24 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3516 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International28292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28292 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15514 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State22382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22382 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.