Ideal candidates for the M.A. in Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky include individuals who have experience in the arts or arts management and have the desire to supplement this experience with more in-depth training in the form of an advanced business and nonprofit arts-focused degree. These include persons who have graduated with a bachelor's degree in Arts Administration or a related field and professionals with experience in the arts or arts management.
UK offers its M.A. in Arts Administration as a completely online program. This provides several benefits to UK graduate students:
- Students are accepted for both the fall and spring semesters.Flexibility - For working professionals, an online program is ideal to provide the flexibility needed to balance work, school and personal obligations. Thanks to asynchronous communication, students complete assignments and engage with their peers without the conventional restrictions of time and place.
- Time and location - There is no residency requirement. The program is designed for students to have equal access no matter where they are located. There is no advantage to living close to campus unless a student has a personal preference. We have had students come to campus to meet faculty in person but it is certainly not necessary. The majority of our students are out-of-state.
- Affordability - All students accepted into the Arts Administration M.A. program pay the in-state tuition rate regardless of residential location. Additionally, there are a number of financial aid options available to students who meet the requirements.
- Quality instruction - Students who attend online classes will receive the same quality instruction as those who would attend class on-campus. The Arts Administration Program has dedicated considerable time and effort to insuring that our online courses are functional and understandable to both the student and instructor, regularly updated and aesthetically pleasing.
Programme StructureModules included:
- The Arts and Artists in Society
- Arts Administration Technologies
- Management and Leadership in the Arts
- Financial Management for Arts Organizations
- Marketing Research and Planning for Arts Organizations
- Principles of Fundraising
- The Arts and the Law
- Creating and Evaluating New Arts Programs
- Marketing Strategies and Applications for Arts Organizations
- Fundraising Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Management Studies Art History View 885 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Kentucky and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
- Two letters of recommendation
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.