The Master of Science program in Physics, offered by The University of Iowa, requires a minimum of 30 s.h. of graduate credit. All students must earn the required 30 s.h. of graduate credit in courses numbered 4000 or above, with at least 15 s.h. in courses numbered 5000 or above. They must maintain a g.p.a. of at least 3.00.
Each student's plan of study should provide for as much advanced work as aptitude and previous preparation permit. Up to one-third of the program of study may be taken in related scientific fields other than physics (e.g., mathematics, chemistry, astronomy, geology, engineering).
- Graduates have opportunities for employment in universities, colleges, and research laboratories in government and industry.
- Physics graduates have mastered skills that are readily transferable to a number of fields. They might choose to work in engineering, software development, finance, or consulting.
- The Pomerantz Career Center offers multiple resources to help students find internships and jobs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Physics of Everyday Experience
- From Quarks to Quasars
- Introductory Physics
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 384 other Masters in Physics in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation
- Application for Graduate Awards
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National31232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31232 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11665 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.