Students can opt to participate in the program on a half-time basis. MACCP students also attend the weekly Research-In-Progress meeting in the Department of Family Medicine, with clinician researchers.
The overall goal of the MS in Medical Anthropology and Cross-Cultural Practice at Boston University is to provide interdisciplinary training in medical anthropology and cross-cultural clinical and/or research practice. The curriculum has been designed to provide students with a solid foundation in the theory and methods of medical anthropological and qualitative research, and in the student’s own area of concentration.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the history and breadth of medical anthropology theory and its applications in research.
- Demonstrate an ability to design and propose an original qualitative fieldwork research project for ethics committee review and funding agencies.
- Demonstrate expertise in a particular area of research concentration.
- Demonstrate effective public and professional communication of medical anthropology research through publication and presentations.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with a group related to research focus, to develop applied dimensions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work across traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- History and Theory of Medical Anthropology
- Medical Anthropological and Qualitative Research Methods and Design
- IRB Proposal Development and Writing
- Reading Ethnography in Medical Anthropology
- Writing Ethnography in Medical Anthropology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Anthropology Health Sciences View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- An unofficial, English transcript of each college or university attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members, research advisors – or similar – in your proposed field.
- A Personal Statement, minimum 200 words, that describes your qualifications and the objectives of your intended educational program.
- Submitted transcript and letters of recommendations must be in English.
- International Student Data Form
- A copy of the biographical page of your passport
- Copies of all of your immigration documents if you are currently in the U.S.
- Required financial documentation demonstrating your ability to pay for your expenses at Boston University
International62872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 62872 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National62872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 62872 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.