The program emphasizes the development of methodological, literary, and conceptual skills that graduates can employ as students in a doctoral program, as professionally oriented history teachers in secondary schools, as staff at museums or historic sites, or as citizens more acutely aware of the historical evolution of their society. Offering both day and evening courses, the Department of History attracts a diverse group of traditional and non-traditional students. Candidates may pursue the M.A. in History degree on either a full-time or part-time basis.
- Historiography & Methodology
- Seminar in Historical Writing
- History in the Digital Age
- Introduction to Museum Studies
- USA Before 1865
- USA Since 1865
- 19th Century Europe
- 20th Century Europe
- Latin American History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory View 494 other Masters in History in United States
- Prerequisites, where applicable, as indicated by specific master’s program criteria.
- A Statement of Purpose (essay) submitted online as part of the application submission process.
- At least three Recommendation Forms from persons familiar with your academic and/or professional qualifications.
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work attempted beyond high (secondary) school can be used for admission review.
- Official agency reports of satisfactory Test Scores (GRE/GMAT/MAT) no older than five years from date of application.
- Curriculum Vitae
International10228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10228 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National3511 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3511 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Levine Scholars Program 20 scholarships estimated at $105,000 per in-state student and $155,000 per out-of-state student.
- Crown Scholars Program awards $19,000 annually for tuition and fees, room and board, and other expenses and a $5,000 stipend for University-approved study abroad.
- The Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program awards an annual renewable merit scholarship including tuition, fees, room and board; Up to $6,000 professional development allowance for an undergraduate summer research experience or internship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.