The Kinesiology program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte emphasizes basic and clinical interdisciplinary education and research in areas of Kinesiology.
The Department of Kinesiology has three concentrations within the M.S. in Kinesiology program that include a clinical (non-thesis) and research (thesis) degree option.
The concentrations require 35-36 credit hours approved by the Department of Kinesiology and a minimum of 15 credit hours presented for the degree must be in the courses numbered 6000 and above. The concentrations require the same 12 hours of core courses but differ in their specific courses and the number of elective hours. Courses for which undergraduate credit has been awarded may not be repeated for graduate credit. At the time of admission, up to 6 credit hours of graduate transfer credit may be accepted if approved by the Department of Kinesiology and the Graduate School.
A range of research opportunities exist in the Department of Kinesiology for qualified students. Students are encouraged to become engaged in the research focus of the department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Kinesiology
- Physiology of Human Aging
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Advanced Cardiopulmonary Physiology
- Neuromechanics of Gait and Posture
- Research and Thesis in Kinesiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 160 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above in all college coursework and possess an overall GPA of 3.25 on all upper division coursework (courses completed in the Junior and Senior year of the undergraduate program)
- Present satisfactory grades (C or above) on specific prerequisite courses: 4 credit hours of Anatomy and Physiology, 3 credit hours of Exercise Physiology, and 3 credit hours of Statistics.
- Present satisfactory scores on the TOEFL , if the applicant is from a non-English speaking country.
- Demonstrate evidence of sufficient interest, ability, and preparation in Kinesiology to adequately profit from graduate study, as determined by the Kinesiology Graduate faculty. This information should be included in the statement of purpose and specifically speak to the following: a) strengths, b) concentration of interest, c) career aspirations, and d) research interests (if pursuing the Applied Physiology concentration).
International13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6664 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National13328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6664 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State3252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1626 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.