Topics of Native American Studies study at the University of California, Davis, include history; religion; philosophy; government; politics; society; and language and linguistics, as well as indigenous community development for autonomy and sovereignty; colonialism, racism, and self-determination; and ethnohistory. At both the M.A. and Ph.D. levels, students have opportunities to develop their teaching skills through teaching assistant and instructor positions.
- Basic Concepts in Native American Studies
- Advanced Topics in Native American Studies
- Indigenous Community Development for Autonomy
- Colonialism, Racism, and Self-Determination
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies American Studies Linguistics View 632 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- The Online Application which includes the Statement of Purpose and the Personal History Statement (do not send paper copies of these essays)
- 3 letters of recommendation (letters should be submitted by the recommender via the online application system)
- Application Fee ($105 for domestic and $125 for international)
International11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 12 months.
National11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Davis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.