The Master of Arts in Religious Studies requires the completion, with a GPA of 3.0 or above, of a minimum of 30 credit hours of approved graduate coursework. At least 15 credit hours of this total must be in courses open only to graduate students (i.e., at the 6000 level or higher). Students have two options for completing their degree: (1) Students may complete an M.A. Thesis option that consists of 24 credit hours of coursework and 6 credit hours of thesis work; or (2) Students may complete a comprehensive examination option consisting of 30 credit hours of coursework and comprehensive examinations in three areas. All degree requirements must be completed within six calendar years of first enrollment in the program.
- Approaches to the Study of Religion
- Teaching in Religious Studies and the Humanities
- Cult of Gods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 654 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Prerequisites, where applicable, as indicated by specific master’s program criteria.
- A Statement of Purpose (essay) submitted online as part of the application submission process.
- At least three Recommendation Forms from persons familiar with your academic and/or professional qualifications.
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work attempted beyond high (secondary) school can be used for admission review.
- Official agency reports of satisfactory Test Scores (GRE/GMAT/MAT) no older than five years from date of application.
International8711 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8711 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National2126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2126 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Levine Scholars Program 20 scholarships estimated at $105,000 per in-state student and $155,000 per out-of-state student.
- Crown Scholars Program awards $19,000 annually for tuition and fees, room and board, and other expenses and a $5,000 stipend for University-approved study abroad.
- The Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program awards an annual renewable merit scholarship including tuition, fees, room and board; Up to $6,000 professional development allowance for an undergraduate summer research experience or internship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.