The Master of Urban Design (MUD) in the School of Architecture at UNC Charlotte is the first urban design program established in the Carolinas to meet the growing demand for expertise in urbanism both locally and globally. This post-professional graduate program explores innovative design, applied research, and transformative policies and implementation strategies in building cities and neighborhoods. It engages professional inquiries of architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture, real estate, and engineering and connects with citizens in order to foster environmental and social sustainability. The program’s inclusive admissions policy attracts a diverse group of students interested in pursuing careers in design and planning practice, governmental agency, and non-profit organization. The program also welcomes professionals who seek opportunities for mid-career enhancement.
- Fundamentals of Urban Design Studio
- Urban Open Space and Infrastructure Studio (pr. MUDD 6101) 6
- Community Planning Workshop
- Urban Design
- 19th- and 20th Century Urban History
- GIS Topics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial Design Design View 346 other Masters in Design in United States
- Graduate School Application
- Application Fee (payable online)
- Official transcripts from all previous college-level institution(s)
- Official GRE test scores (and TOEFL scores if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose explaining reasons for wanting to study in the School of Architecture
- Three recommendations from persons familiar with the applicant's personal and professional qualifications
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (.pdf document upload)
- Portfolio (.pdf document upload)
International23600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11800 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National9600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4800 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.