Here at The University of Iowa we offer a master program degree in Anthropology. Our graduates go on to work at universities, colleges, museums, and a diverse range of governmental and non-governmental agencies. For more information and examples, see Graduate Placement.
Topical and geographic strengths in the Department of Anthropology include cultural evolution, cultural politics, environmental anthropology, European archaeology, feminist anthropology & sexuality studies, medical anthropology, paleoanthropology, science & technology studies, and Asian studies. Our faculty work within and across the discipline’s four subfields, and conduct both localized and multi-sited research at locations around the globe--including East, South, and Southeast Asia; Europe; southern Africa; North America (especially the U.S. & Mexico); South America; and the Pacific (especially Hawai’i and New Zealand).
- The Department of Anthropology normally offers funding for four years, usually in the form of graduate assistantships (teaching and research assistant positions), to incoming graduate students.
- Applications for graduate assistantships can be found in your admissions profile in MyUI. Students should complete the application by January 1 to be considered for the following fall semester.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cultural Resources Management Archaeology: Practice and Practicalities
- Seminar: Archaeological Theory and Method
- Archaeology of the American Midcontinent
- North American Archaeology
- Southwestern Archaeology
- Pleistocene Peopling of the Americas
- 25 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology View 165 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
Candidates for admission to the graduate program are required to submit the following documentation:
- a completed university application form
- transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work
- three letters of recommendation from individuals competent to judge the candidate’s potential for graduate training
- scores from the aptitude portion of the Graduate Record Examination (taken within the past 5 years)
- at least one example of your previous work (e.g., a term paper or an original experiment)
- a statement of interest describing why you would like to undertake graduate study in our program
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 25 months.
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30612 USD per year and a duration of 25 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11665 USD per year and a duration of 25 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.