Students in the Science and Natural History Filmmaking program at the Montana State University have had their work broadcast on many major channels and programs such as The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, The Science Channel, CNN, Sixty Minutes II, Larry King, CBS Evening News, and NBC Nightly News.
- Students have produced films for the National Park Service, the National Science Foundation, the Department of Agriculture, NOAA, NASA, National Geographic, Discovery, and such non-profit organizations as the Wildlife Conservation Society, the Sierra Club, the Audubon Society, the Nature Conservancy, the Field Museum and the Boston Museum of Science. Students’ work has also been featured in numerous festivals internationally.
- Our mission is to provide filmmaking knowledge to students with formal education and experience in science, engineering and technology so they may create accurate, innovative, and exciting programs that advance the public understanding of science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film and Documentary Theory
- Advanced Cinematography
- Science and Natural History Film Prod.
- Production Management
- Writing for Documentary and Non-Fiction Film
- Interactive Documentary
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 207 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited, government-recognized university. These degrees are generally four-year-long programs.
- B average or higher from your undergraduate study (3.0/4.0 GPA, or equivalent).
- GRE test scores. Most department require this exam, but not all. A combined score of 300 is preferable. Study and preparation before taking the GRE is recommended.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary coursework completed.
International34611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34611 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National34611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34611 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11450 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.