About this Degree
Graduate students in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Georgia usually enter the program at the beginning of fall semester, but in special cases a student with previous experience may be admitted for the spring semester.
Deadline for all fellowships and assistantships is January 1, but exceptional qualifications may lead to awards at other times. In addition to the courses listed in the curriculum, a number of interdisciplinary courses are available to interested students in the BCMB program.
The listings in Biology, Plant Biology, Cellular Biology, Genetics and Microbiology should be consulted to determine the range of courses available to graduate students majoring in BCMB; see the online Graduate Bulletin.
- A number of interdisciplinary courses such as Nucleic Acids (GENE 8920) and Molecular Genetics (GENE 8930) are offered to interested students in the biochemistry and molecular biology graduate program.
- The listings in biology, cellular biology, genetics, microbiology, and plant biology should be consulted to determine the range of courses available to graduate students majoring in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- One year of a foreign language at the high school or college level is required for a master of doctoral degree.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 495 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Admission and Application Procedures
- Readmission Procedures
- Deferring an Application
- Application Fee
- Transcripts and Academic Records
- Entrance Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Non-Degree or Transient Status
- Application Forms
- Summary of Materials
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 24 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.